Friday, October 18, 2013

10/18 Erde

6:00 pm  Erde went in for her surgery today.  I am still waiting for the vet to call me to give me a status report on the operation and her recovery.  I will post it here where I learn of it.

Needless to say, this matter has been heaviest on my mind and schedule this week.  I still have not had time to make a dent in my unpacking and other things, including thinking and writing more about the trip, but I will have plenty of time to do those things later.

8:00 pm  The vet just called. the operation went as well as could be expected.  He is not sure if Erde will be able to come home tomorrow.  When asked how she is doing now, he said average, but when I asked him further questions, he changed that to worse than average.  I will hold back on the details here, but I suspect this just means that she will stay a bit longer at the hospital or that the recovery will be rough for the next several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment